required by Windows Store policy 10.5 and the EU GDPR User Consent Policy.
DEFINITION OF TERMS
- The Tesla Control app, and its authors are herein referred to as the APP.
- This website is herein referred to as the SITE.
- The individual using the APP is herein referred to as the USER.
- Tesla Motors Corporation and Tesla.com are herein referred to as TESLA.
- Microsoft Corporation, the Windows Store, PlayFab, Microsoft Advertising and its affiliate partners are herein referred to as MICROSOFT.
- The OAuth token acquired as part of the TESLA login process is herein referred to as the TOKEN.
- The APP receives the provided logon username and password and sends it to TESLA to acquire a TOKEN on behalf of the USER.
- The APP, with USER permission, acquires the USER device gps coordinates.
- The APP retrieves all available information on USER vehicles returned from TESLA services.
- The APP provides the acquired TOKEN to TESLA in order to make calls on behalf of the USER.
- If available, the APP may use the USER gps coordinates for map display and advertising purposes.
- The APP uses available information on USER vehicles to display information within the APP.
- The APP and the SITE use advertising cookies to deliver personalized ads.
- The APP displays the vehicle name reported by TESLA on the Leaderboards screen.
- The USER may choose to hide the vehicle name from the Leaderboard screen.
- The APP retains the provided username and acquired TOKEN locally to facilitate future logins.
- The password is retained only long enough to successfully acquire a TOKEN.
- The TOKEN and username can be deleted from the device at any time by selecing 'Sign Out' from within the APP.
- The TOKEN acquired by the APP can be invalidated at any time by changing the associated TESLA account password.
- MICROSOFT services are used to store the USER email address, vehicle identifier and collected vehicle statistics.
- The TOKEN acquired by the APP on behalf of the USER is provided only to TESLA for authentication. The TOKEN is secured during transport using industry standard secure protocols.
- The APP does not sell or share information that it acquires with third parties other than MICROSOFT and TESLA.
The APP is neither sanctioned by, nor affiliated with, TESLA in any way.
ADVERTISING COOKIE NOTICE
- The APP uses Microsoft Advertising and its third-party affiliates to serve ads.
- Users may opt out of personalized advertising in the APP by visiting Microsoft Account | Privacy.
- The SITE uses Google and third-party vendors to serve ads.
- Google's use of advertising cookies enables it and its partners to serve personalized ads to users based on their visit to this and other websites.
- On the SITE third-party vendors, including Google, use advertising cookies to serve personalized ads to users based on their visits to this and other websites.
- Users may opt out of personalized advertising on the SITE by visiting Google Ad Settings.